I'm a 4th year Ph.D. student at the University of Arizona. My advisor is Dr. Carlos Scheidegger. I also worked with Dr. Richard T. Snodgrass. My current research interests are big data visualization, exploratory data analysis, machine learning and HCI. I also have research experience in computer vision during my master's program.
I received my M.S. in Computer Science from Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, China and my B.E. in Software Engineering from Northeast Normal University in Changchun, China.
- TopoCubes: Interactive Exploration of Persistent Homology of Large Datasets(2017.1 - Now)
- Gaussian Cubes: Realtime Data Modeling for Interactive Visualization (2015.9 - 2016.12)
- Light Curve Visualization (2015.9 - 2015.12)
- ANTARES: The Arizona-NOAO Temporal Analysis and Response to Events System (2014.8 - 2016.8)
- Obstacle Avoidance System for the Blind (2012.6 - 2014.6)
- Crowd Density Estimation (2011.9 - 2012.6)
- Zhe Wang, Aarthy Sankari Bhaskar, Youhao Wei, Nivan ferreira, and Carlos Scheidegger. "Gaussian Cubes: Real-Time Modeling for Visual Exploration of Large Multidimensional Datasets". IEEE InfoVis 2016
- Abhijit Saha, Zhe Wang, Thomas Matheson, et al. "ANTARES: Progress towards building a ‘Broker’ of time-domain alerts". Proc. SPIE 9910, Observatory Operations: Strategies, Processes, and Systems VI, 99100F (July 18, 2016); doi:10.1117/12.2232095.
- Zhe Wang, Hong Liu, Xiangdong Wang, and Yueliang Qian. "Segment and Label Indoor Scene Based on RGB-D for the Visually Impaired." In Proceedings of the 20th Anniversary International Conference on MultiMedia Modeling, pp. 449-460, January 2014.
- Zhe Wang, Hong Liu, Yueliang Qian, and Tao Xu. "Real-Time Plane Segmentation and Obstacle Detection of 3D Point Clouds for Indoor Scenes." In Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Consumer Depth Cameras for Computer Vision, in conjunction with 2012 European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), pp. 22-31, October 2012.
- Zhe Wang, Hong Liu, Yueliang Qian, and Tao Xu. "Crowd Density Estimation Based On Local Binary Pattern Co-Occurrence Matrix." In Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Advances in Automated Multimedia Surveillance for Public Safety, in conjunction with 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), pp. 372-377, July 2012.
- Tao Xu, Hong Liu, Yueliang Qian and Zhe Wang, "A Fast and Robust Pedestrian Detection Framework based on Static and Dynamic Information." In Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), pp. 242-247, July 2012.
- "Building Interactive Data Visualization Systems: A Tool for Light Curve Exploration", LSST DM Team, 01/13/2016
- "Interactive Data Visualization for Astronomy: Light Curve Exploration", National Optical Astronomy Observatory, 12/04/2015